Here are some recent research awards for members of Oxford Humanities:
- Laura Quick (Theology & Religion) won a Philip Leverhulme prize for her research into the concepts of beauty and aesthetics in the Hebrew Bible.
- Six Humanities researchers have become Leverhulme Early Career Research Fellows: Victoria Fendel (Classics), Lucy Powell (English), Fabrice Langrognet (History), Ruggero Scuito (MML), Susann Kassem (OS) and Alex Roberts (Philosophy).
- We have three British Academy Postdoctoral Fellows: Christopher Fleming (OS), Taline Garibian (History and Cosmin Popovici-Toma (MML).
- Ros Ballaster (English) and Bryan Ward-Perkins (Classics) received awards under the Digital Humanities Research Networking Scheme from the AHRC and Irish Research Council.
- Helen Lacey (History) is co-investigator on ‘The People of 1381’, a research project led by Reading which has received a major grant from the AHRC.
- The British Academy awarded a Small Grant Award to Sandra Paoli (LPP) and a Mid-Career Fellowship to Margaret Hillenbrand (OS).
- The Wellcome Trust gave Medical Humanities research fellowships to Olivia Smith (English) and Katrien Devolder (Philosophy), and Investigator Awards to Mark Harrison (History) and Julian Savulescu (Philosophy).
- Elena Lolli (OI) received an Academic Jewish Studies Postdoctoral Fellowship from the Rothschild Foundation.
This was originally part of an internal newsletter by Karen O'Brien, Head of Humanities.